Sexual Morals (For Everyone)

I know we all have different spirtual beliefs and we all have different opinions when it comes to sexual morality. I know most of you know my beliefs. But I have a question.

If you had to define your beliefs on sexual morality what would you say? What should be encouraged? What would you forbid?

Feel free to include any beliefs or conditions that have influenced your opinions.

: )

Cinnamon-mom

Asked by Cinnamon-mom at 4:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nothing forbidden with consenting adults. As long as everyone is happy and healthy. The number one rule would be to be safe and dont do anything that makes you uncomfortable. For my own children, I would want them to wait until they found someone they felt they loved and respected, who loved and respected them too.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 4:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• You're coming up with some good questions today :)
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 4:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Thanks : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Sex is not a "bad thing", that would be my first "belief" so to speak.
    Growing up(and ya it was probably just my household but you never know. Not like I went around asking LOL) sex was something done after marriage and it was dull and boring and you'd probably hate it. Thats how my mother felt about it and when my younger sis married thats how she felt too.

Boy was I surprised when I enjoyed it! But I digress :)...

I would say my beliefs are to make sure you are in a committed relationship, over 18, and you are mature enough mentally, physically, emotionally to be able to deal with any of the outcomes you having sex may have.
    I will encourage my sons to wait for a long, long time but I will make sure they know how to handle themselves too if they are in a situation where they feel they are ready. I just want them to be able to talk to me about any aspect of it even if I cringe a bit inside having to hear it LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Nothing is forbidden when it comes to consenting adults. There are things I don't like to do, but not for any moral reasons.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I agree 100% with the 1st poster.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I have a question, not an argument just a question. Some of you are saying that with consenting adults nothing should be forbidden. I am assuming you are talking about sexual activities. But let's extend the question of morality to the realm of honoring relationships.

Do you think that there are certain times that you should abstain from doing whatever you want with someone who wants to do it with you -- like when you are married, or when you have a contractible disease, or when you don't have money to support a kid and you don't have a condom? Etc. What do you think of these things?
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• What I mean is, what rules of sexual decency would you hope that people would honor?
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• like when you are married, or when you have a contractible disease, or when you don't have money to support a kid and you don't have a condom?

Yes you should abstain... these are all part of being safe.  As for being married, if you are in a relationship with someone who expects you are being loyal to them then you should keep your word.

Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 4:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• you can't demand anyone honor their marital vows (remain monogamous to their spouse)..it would be nice if they did. consenting adults do a lot of things that aren't honorable of their marriage, and a lot of the times, someone gets 'hurt'. this hurt can last longer, much longer than any cheating relationship. without the committment of marriage, consenting adults are free to do as they wish. meaning, when their adultery/cheating, there is always one or two adults that didn't consent..and the cheaters forget about that point. for me, its goes back to ''everything is permissible, but everything is not beneficial (or constructive).'' (1 cor 10:23)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2009