Nanny/Babysitter questions....ANYONE HELP....AS MUCH input as Possible!THANKS LADIES!!!!!!

I am currently being employed by a company that I have a interview with the family this sunday.. AND i WANT as much input as possible. I really dont care how old u are or how many or less children u have. WHAT questions SHOULD i be ready for? what questions what you ask a potentialbabysitter? What would u look for in a babyistter? any information will help....PLEASE! thanks Gorgeous Ladies! love u guys!

Butterflykiss15

Asked by Butterflykiss15 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I want responsibility, someone who actually wants to do the job and will play with my kids and interact with them. Someone who is patient, has experience, enjoys little kids. CPR is a plus. Someone not afraid to call me if overwhelmed or afraid or if there's an emergency or if you cannot calm the child down. I view this as good. When a sitter never calls I worry. I want a nanny who watches my kids like a damn hawk instead of blabbing on the cell phone all day. I pay someone to play with my kids and that is what I hope to get. : ) Good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• What is your philosophy about discipline?
    Do you have children of your own? Do you have younger siblings?
    Why do you do this work?
    Have you ever been in an emergency situation while babysitting?
    Describe the best child you ever babysat for. Describe the worst child you ever babysat for.
    Can you give me some examples of problems you have had with kids and how you handled them?
    What if my son fails to obey you when you ask him to do something? What if he is doing something dangerous?
    How do you handle tantrums?
    How would you react if a child bit or hit you?
    What do you do when you become angry with a child?
    What if my daughter asked you to keep a secret? What would your response be?
    What if she revealed something to you that you knew I wouldn't approve of?
    At what point would you call a pediatrician or 911?
    What would you do if you saw a child fondling himself or herself? How would you handle a situation of t
    Anonymous

• Have you taken any babysitting/nanny classes?

What makes you qualifies to take care of children?

Do you drink alcohol, take illegal drugs, smoke?

Common sense questions will be asked.

Copy of your driving record.

Just be honest.
    Anonymous