Do you still believe it?

U.S. District Judge David O. Carter's decision came down this morning. dismissed Orly Taitz's challenge that Barack Obama is not a natural-born citizen and so is not the country's legitimate president.

Judge Carter wrote in his decision that the plantiffs were asking the Court "to effectively overthrow a sitting president who was popularly elected by We the Peopleā€š sixty-nine million of the people."

Carter said before the ruling came down that his office was getting 40 to 100 calls from birthers urging him to back Taitz, after she asked for support on her website.

Dave Weigel points out that the decision also confirms that witnesses complained Taitz wanted them to lie on the stand.

Earlier this month, Taitz was slapped with a $20,000 sanction by a judge in Georgia for "wasting the judicial resources" of the Middle District of Georgia with her "frivolous and sanctionable conduct."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i do, but it'll never be proven--at least while he's playing the role of president. after he's out of office the truth will come out.....it always does. then we'll get ourselves someone worthy of the title!
    Anonymous

• Never did.

I think if I ever did, and saw this woman, I would CHANGE MY MIND! LOL

She is a crack pot!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Didn't believe it to begin with. Birthers and 9-11 truthers are both nuts on the same level.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Do you think this will stop her? I hope so, but if the previous fine wasn't enough to drop it, I wonder.
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 6:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I don't believe nutbags in either party. I think Obama is a rotten President but he is an American Citizen. His mom is from Kansas it really shouldn't matter. I say to get a life to those who are wasting taxpayer dollars dragging this through the courts. Obama is going to fall flat on his face because he is a moron give it time and quit making stuff up.
    Anonymous

• I say to get a life to those who are wasting taxpayer dollars dragging this through the courts.

Blame Obama for wasting the taxpayer dollars. All he has to do is show the long form birth certificate...the same one I had to show for myself and children when I got our passports last month.

I don't have an opinion either way, I am just saying the whole mess could easily be put to rest. The birthers would look quite foolish if all was in order, right?
    Anonymous

• People who believe this woman won't give up. They just keep adding another layer of conspiracy to adjust for it. He has proven that he was born in Hawaii beyond any shadow of a doubt. People who swear that "he just needs to prove it" will never be satisfied with anything they are shown.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2009