school bus drama, kindergarten

My son this morning had a fit because I asked him to ride the bus (He normal rides only in the pm and on Fri am) He didn't want to ride because the other kids call him a baby. I told him to sit up tall and tell them that he was not the one calling names and then stay quiet and look out the window the rest of the way home. he didn't like this idea. Doesn't surprise me. My bet is he argues back daily, just knowing him... Should I talk to the driver or let it go? It's been mention before but not to this caliber.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in

• Yeah, I'd talk to the bus driver and get on the bus one day and tell the kids myself to shut the hell up.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Talk to the bus driver in the moring and see if he can sit in the front. Kids can be such brats. You really cant tell another kid to shut up it wont make you look all that good. Your son should ignore them. I would really have him sit in the front. I teach my kids to ignore ignorant children. Now if a chid hits them well that's grounds for a punch in the face.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I guess that "zero tolerance" policy most schools have goes out the window on the bus.
    Hell yes I'd bring it up to the driver.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• talk to the driver. kids should be written up for picking on younger kids.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I hated the bus for this exact reason. Yes, talk to the driver. All the rules seem to disappear on the bus.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2009