Does this break your heart? It makes me feel so sad for this Nation.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28848.html

One of the 20 finalists in health care video contest run by Barack Obama’s campaign arm features a mural of an America flag splattered with health care graffiti until it’s covered completely by black paint.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• simple frownTracys2, I am sorry that you misunderstand our flag. It is so much more than a piece of cloth. It is a symbol of the very fabric of our nation; from the impossible dreams of those that founded her to the blood lost in her defense. It is every person that has ever been a part of her, every person that dreams of coming to America. It's not just a piece of cloth.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• people angry and disgusted with obama and his health care plan breaks your heart? are people no longer able to express their feelings?!

i feel the artists pain.
    Anonymous

• Then perhaps another Country would be more suited to your liking anon?
    Anonymous

• people angry and disgusted with obama and his health care plan breaks your heart?

You're off the mark here. This is a pro-Obama ad. They are painting over the flag over and over again until it's all blacked out, then fade to a message about how Obama's plan will save the country. I have to agree with the guy they quoted in the story. If this thing actually wins it's going to make even more people hate him.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I thought it was interesting. Don't know if it should have been the winner since I didn't see the others :)

Anyway..If you want to get technical, it was a painting of the flag not a flag so that wouldn't be considered desecration, and I don't see heartbreaking about it

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 5:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It breaks my heart that people have lost respect for the flag. Our flag is not his ticket, our flag has flown strong and to deface it and tell people they can't fly it because it might offend someone is disgusting. For some "artist" (an idiot with a paint brush and camera) decides to deface the flag in an attempt to boost health care reform? It is disgusting, and should never have been accepted!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

You sound liek a communist

Anonymous

• That is all you got Anon? I "sound" like a communist? Okay??? Silly Anons and their weird vagueness!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It doesn't really upset me. The health of actual people means a lot to me, as do the consequences of changes to their health care system. This land means a lot to me- I have driven across it many times and it is amazing. I have met many people that I love from all over. The flag is a piece of cloth, and while I myself have never done anything disrespectful to the flag of any country, it doesn't really hurt me. Crime hurts me. Drug use hurts me. Unemployment hurts me. Rudeness and crudeness, hatred and disrespect towards people hurts me. That is the suffering and pain I am concerned about.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Do you even know what a communist is anon? "Rolling eyes"
    Anonymous