Cold/Flu clean up

Hi to all,
We have been fighting the H1N1 flu here at my house for almost 2 weeks now. It started with our middle daughter 5,then the baby 2 (Who also has pink eye and ear infection too),oldest DD 8,me now hubby.
DD 5 went back to school yesterday,but the rest of us are still down for the count.I need some ideas on how to clean up after this?Should I start now or wait untill everyone is better? I am so tired I am having a hard time keeping up with the daily stuff that needs done .A full scale clean up is so overwhelming. Please help. What would you do? Where would you start and how and what would you use.
Thank so much.

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 4:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Clean Clean Clean now until its gone. if you don't, you run the risk of your daughter getting it again and it being a never ending cycle.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• carolyn: Once you get H1N1, you cannot get it again. (That info is from a friend's doc--she had H1N1 and was told by the doc.)

I would clean as much as you can, don't over due it because you will get sicker and it will take longer to get better. Don't over do it with antibacterial, because you will get rid of the good bacteria that helps fight illness.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If everyone in the house has had it, you don't need to rush. I'd concentrate on things that are exiting your house first (school bags, etc.,) then DD5's sheets, blankets, towels, and clothes, since she's back in school. Her school is probably having her wash hands when she gets there, or giving her a dollop of sanitizer, so don't worry too much.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• 1 part vinager to 2 parts water in a spray bottle. Just spray the whole house down a few times a day. Esp the sick rooms the kids are in.

This is what the doc told us. It works on most viruis and bactiria. Even works on hard to kill MRSA Staph.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:04 AM on Nov. 3, 2009