Why take kids out for halloween if your gonna replace the candy??

Save yourself the costume price, the gas cost of running them around to get it.. and Just by them what you want them to have.. and keep people from getting frustrated that you threw their GIFT away..!

Btw. I think that the idea I suggested is far safer anyhow.. than traditional halloween festivities.

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we thought about doing that...we would actually end up with more candy if we spent what we spent on costumes...and i hate going out cause its so cold this time of year where im at.... i think it would be more fun to have a little party that night and invite my kids friends...but then i dont want to deal with people coming to the door trick or treating cause our lights are on.... so if you know how to detour the treaters let me know ..maybe we will do a party thing next year
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• That's what I said in the other post, if you want your kids to dress up but don't want candy from other people, take them to a festival or have your own party instead of wasting other peoples money. And this is for the ones who throw THE WHOLE BAG out, not just a couple pieces.
    Anonymous

• We only throw out the crap candy that no one in the family will eat. Last year we received some mini-diet soda's which we through out. I do not allow my children to drink those.

The Smarties, Laffy Taffy and other crap candy gets tossed. Anything decent gets traded to another family member.
    Anonymous

• Well its not only about that but I ran out of candy while handing it out last year, and had to tell the last little boy "sorry i ran out", I shut off my lights and closed the door. Those parents who replace it are taking candy away FROM OTHER CHILDREN that would glady eat it. If you plan on throwing it all in the trash, please don't take your children trick or treating and have your own organic party or something.
    Anonymous

• Gothmam91, maybe you could make a sign that reads PRIVATE PARTY. Or I guess you could keep a bowl of very cheap candy by the door and word will get around to avoid your house because it's nothing good. At least when I was a kid that's what we did, we told each other where to go and where to skip. I remember some houses with parties and didn't understand we weren't invited inside. I think I'm going to post a sign that I'm donating the money I would have spent on candy to the local animal rescue. We go to a trunk or treat and don't roam the neighborhoods with our kids anyway.
    Anonymous

• The candy that we don't eat this is what i do with it. there is a city that ask people to help homeless family for lunch food on the weekend and the week day and what i do is i make 25 snack bags for the luch thing and i put the candy in there then i will donate it to the army good will store so the can use the day for xmas or thanksgiving for the childern instead of throwing it away cause those places do hand out toys that can't get toys why not let them make a stocking for the childern too..
    Anonymous

• I love Laffy Taffy...especially the green apple flavor.
    Anonymous