would this make you mad? someone owes you over $100 but instead of paying you back they buy new electonics clothes ect?

so my husband went over again today to try and collect money from a so called friend and they said they were broke but yet they were unloading the new car with 2 brand new lap top computers and bags of clothes from macys and sears... and they already had a new lap top and desk computer.... i told my husband to just sue them and get it over with and just dont talk to them anymore neither of them work a full time job and they bought the stuff with their student loans and pell grants instead of using that money towards tuition and schooling

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Lesson learned. Don't let anyone then borrow again. I am a strong believer in KARMA soi don't let anyone ruin my day. It's $100. They obvioulsy don't know how to budget that's why they borrowed money from you. I would let it go and let them live in their financial mess.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 4:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It'll cost you more to go to court than what they owe you.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:45 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It'll cost tons to sue them. He should ignore the debt and learn from it. Chances are, they charged that crap but it IS annoying as can be. I don't blame you for being annoyed.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Just take it as a loss, and a hard life lesson. It's not worth the effort or court costs to sue. Or you can offer to do a payment plan - even though it seems like they don't need it with all those expenses!!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 4:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• we tried the payment plan and even offered to have them give something instead of cash...but they didnt want to do that....one of which was an old entrainment center and metal shelf which they threw out to the trash cause they got new ones...
    and i agree on the karma thing im just waiting to watch them fall and im gonna be right their laughing my @$$ off at them...yeah i know childish
    Anonymous

• Life lesson...never again! Or, do what my mom does...she'll loan but she asks for collateral...she gets paid back every time!
    jlm202610

Answer by jlm202610 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2009