What's the chance of having twins after already having 3 pregnancies?

My Dh's mom is a twin, and so is my grandpa's brothers. I heard it's more likely with multiple pregnancies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My aunt had twins her 4th pregnancy and nobody in her family or our family has twins so it was a big shock. The chances are higher if twins run in the family.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 4:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I've never heard of it due to multiple pregnancies. i do know that your chance of multiples goes up if you are over 35 and then after 40. Genetics probably plays a role as well. In one branch of my grandmother's family you see the twin pattern - every other generation there are twins- my cousin's mother was a twin and she then had twins. Crazy.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My family has twins but it was down the line in the 1890's and my cousin in the 1980's but now my brother who is 34 has 3 sets of twins and 1 set of 3 all boy but 1 set are twin girls he never had a single child and his wife isn't a twin and it doesn't run in her family ..
    Anonymous

• Identical twins are by chance. There's no genetic component. I've had 6 children. No twins. My brother had twins w/ his wife but they were boy/girl twins & THAT does have genetics involved but on HER side not ours. Releasing two eggs is more common in some families & also the older you are the higher chance. Also some races have more twins.
    Anonymous