So does anyone actually KNOW someone it has happened to?

With all this talk about throwing out halloween candy it makes me wonder. We've all heard the stories about razor blades in apples and such but has it ever happened to someone you know personally? In my 27 years, I have not met anyone who has had a bad experience , nor has anything happened to me, with halloween candy. And I don't mean allergic reactions, because it wasn't intentional. I'm not trying to offend anyone if something bad has happened, I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I think alot of people have a case of "I heard this happened, it's true because it was in the paper, or the news" or whatever. Mostly untrue.
    Anonymous

• It never happened to me, but I remember one year when I was a kid it did happen in CT where my dad lived and it made the front page of the news paper the day after. If I remember correctly it was a man putting sewing needles inside of popcorn balls.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:54 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I can remember reading in the newspaper about sewing needles found in candy.
    Anonymous

• I have never known anyone that this happened to or heard of it happening.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No, NEVER! Never happened although the police have a screening each year nothing is ever found. Maybe it's just a scary story to tell the kids.
    Anonymous

• I have never known of anyone that had anything put in their candy and I think that is horrible for someone to do that to a child!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Many of the horror stories, save a couple, that have been reported over the decades have been proven as hoaxes, by the parents or by the children. And no, I don't know anyone personally who this has happened to.
    Anonymous

• never heard of such things either, although as a child i was warned of these instances. hmm
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 5:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

___
    Yep, same here.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• when i lived in wyoming when i was younger they had a kid that was poisoned cause someone injected something into a piece of candy it made the news
    Anonymous