anyone's cat act weird while you were pregnant?

so, my cat and one of my mom's cats have been acting weird with me lately. i'm 38 weeks pregnant, and they are like all clingy and weird and stand on my belly and i wake up with my cat in my face. they haven't been doing that till the last few days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes.. my cats both did that - like they new something was going on - you could be close to delivering.. cats are very "in tune!" My son also had colic and my one cat would bite my legs cause that crying even drove him insane...lol!! my other deaf cat would massage my tummy after I had my son.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• hmm yeah i'm 38 weeks too and my siamese is very close to me. but she's siamese and always been attached to me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• OH my cat did the same thing. She is not a cuddle kitty at all. We adopted her from the pound and i think that she was abused and someone held her by her throat cuz she is afraind of hands and her prrrrer is broken (she cant purr and does try to) she will only let you pet her with your feet, we call her our footsie lover. But man when i was prego she laid on my lap and attempted to purr every night (quite funny when she does cuz she drools instead of noises). I kinda miss the cuddles :(
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 5:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My cat had this thing about walking all over my belly. It hurt but she would not leave it alone. I felt bad for my baby she was getting stepped on!!
    kirstenshaye

Answer by kirstenshaye at 5:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• my moms cat, well my old cat, has been acting weird the whole time i've been pregnant
    at first he wanted nothing to do with me...LOL he only came around if i was eating his fave food...chicken, LOL

now towards the end of my pregnancy he comes around, lays by me, rubs against me, and then gets bored and leaves...
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I had a male siamese when I was pregnant with my now 5 year old daughter and he became VERY protective of me at the end of my pregnancy. He wouldn't let my DH or my other 2 kids anywhere near me without him trying to bite them and hiss at them.
    Gigi76825

Answer by Gigi76825 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I go visit my grandma 3-4 times a week and she has a cat thats 11 years old and he's very close to me and he's gotten weirder on me since Ive been pregnant. If Im laying on the couch he wants to lay on the arm of the couch and rub his head all over mine or rest his chin on my forehead...If Im in the recliner he wants to lay right up on my belly...and he follows me EVERYWHERE.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My cat would run up from behind me and bite my legs. Or scartch me. It was only when I was pregnant though. He was totally fine before I got prenant and after delivery. LOL
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I lived with family friends for a while so I could get settled in with my SO and so I could go to school. Well, their cat was crazy. He acted really nutty with me. He would try to jump on my lap and step on my belly and one time he even clawed it. That hurt....wow.. Stupid cat lol
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Yes, this is also happening to me- animals are sensitive... Especially ones that have been with you for a long time.
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 10:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2009