im a newlywed that just needs to know im nt alone

my husband is great he allows me to be me and asks n o questions we were in and out of a relationship for 10 years i need advice on raising my step son at 2yrs and my 5month old advice

momma051209

Asked by momma051209 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• i can relate a little but in my situation my husband is raising my daughter who is also 2. speaking personally I watched everything my husband did with my daughter. If he disciplined her it would make me uneasy. I even watched how he played and talked to her. The point is the parent might feel a lil uneasy until they get use to it. I know it sucks but thats just how I felt. The more you grow in your marriage the easier it will be. I am a newlywed also, so I kinda understand the whole blending concept. Make sure you always show the kid love just like he is yours. Everything you do for one you do for the other. The second your hubby feels like you are treating his son like a step son, there could be problems. It takes time to develop that bond, but find the time and effort to do so, after all if you love the man, you have to love what came from him, even if its not technically yours. God bless
    kiyad22

Answer by kiyad22 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I have been married for 5 years next week. We have a daughter who is 19 months and another on the way. I also have a SS who is 6. Not easy honey. We've had our share of difficulties with the Bio mom and SS. The only thing I can tell you right now is please have patience. With financial stuff because it's going to be hard. Behavior issues. And just loving the SS. No matter what anyone tells you, it is different loving your own kids than it is loving your sK's.
    Anonymous

• It really sounds like u r off to a good start. My best advice is just try to be his friend cuz in reality that is the ultimate relationship him and u will have in the end.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 6:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2009