If you have ANY INFO at all please help me!!!

I've worked for the same company for 2 years as a temporary employee. I don't get the paid days off, vacation, or sick days like the regular employees. I also didn't get maternity leave pay. I've tried to google it and everything but I don't find any laws saying they have to ever hire me. Does anyone know how long they can keep me temporary???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Are you there through a staffing agency?
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 5:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• As far as I know---forever. Sorry.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Have you applied for a full time position in the company or requested that you become a full time employee? They aren't going to just offer. I mean think of all the money they're saving by dangling the carrot!
    Anonymous

• No I'm not thru a temp agency and I've asked atleast once a week now for a job here full time!
    Anonymous

• I would start looking at fulltime openings around your area. i know a great site if u want me to help but i would look at the same type of job openings for fulltime
    Butterflykiss15

Answer by Butterflykiss15 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• FOR AS LONG AS THEY WANT!!! No work place is obligated to hire a temp employee. I have worked as a temp nurse once before, and after a year of working with them, they wanted to buy out my contract and hire me on permanently, but my contract with my agency was going to cost them $10,000, so they did not hire me. My husband worked as a temp employee with an agency at FedEx, and after working there as a temp for 6 mos, they hired him on permanently, gave him a better position, full benefits, and more pay! :)
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 7:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Wow 2 years as a temp is a long time...they dont have to hire you.If you are unhappy(which seems as you are)I would look into getting another job.Good luck.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• The laws vary by state. Contact your state department of labor; you may be eligible for benefits.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:53 PM on Oct. 29, 2009