Raw diet?

Any one do this? I am just curious. It seems like it owuld be a bad idea to have children on an all raw diet. I mean what about salmonella and e-coli and such? am I wrong?

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My friend is all raw. She has her own chickens so she often cracks a freshly laid egg into her smoothies. Raw fish and beef can be eaten safely, but most raw food diets do not include those foods.

The biggest risk of e coli comes from improper hand washing (fecal-oral contamination).

Raw diets can get very elaborate. We did a raw detox before we TTC. It was extremely beneficial.

Answer by ecodani at 6:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No one is saying to eat raw meat. A Raw-diet is about eating foods that CAN be eaten raw. Good grief.

• *No I just watch a special on Food network and they people were def. eating raw fish and steak... Maybe not all of the people on the diet do but obviously some do.

• That is not part of a raw food diet.

What is the Raw Food Diet?

The raw food diet is a diet based on unprocessed and uncooked plant foods, such as fresh fruit and vegetables, sprouts, seeds, nuts, grains, beans, nuts, dried fruit, and seaweed.

• The only people I know who eat raw diets are vegan.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2009