What's the worst thing you've caught your babysitter doing?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes all of you mothers who don't use babysitters are SOOO much better than mothers who do. LMAO
    I am seriously starting to HATE Cafemom. Too many women on here must secretly think they're crappy mom's, because that can be the only reason everyone judges everyone else so harshly.
    Blowing out someone's candle to make yours burn brighter. Where is the support? If don't have a babysitter why even answer.
    Anonymous

• Well I dont have a babysitter.
    Anonymous

• I don't use a babysitter. I ONLY use my mother or my MIL. I don't feel comfortable leaving my kids with anyone else.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 6:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If I 'caught' her doing anything she wouldn't be my babysitter. But as with the others we don't have one.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Don't have a babysitter. My mom or 18yr old sister are the only ones that watch my 7yr old.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think the op means "babysitter" as "someone who isn't you watching the children."

Not interacting with my kids. I needed a part time sitter (like, one day every other week) and had interviews. I left them with the kids, and left the monitor on (I was in the other room). One just sat there, despite my two year old trying to talk to her. I asked her to leave. She was mad I had a monitor. I was mad she wanted to sit on her butt and not talk to the two year old who was trying to talk to her. I ended up NOT hiring anyone, and my husband misses 3 hours of sleep so I can go to a Bible study. He's night shift. It was so sweet of him to offer.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 6:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I don't have a babysitter but don't have family to watch him either so I am just SOL on being able to go anywhere without him.
    Anonymous

• Yeah we get babysitters when we go on dates.

She's a local teen, and is overall fantastic with our girl. The worst thing she's done is neglect to change a poopie diaper for longer than I would have.

But dd had no rash, so no harm done.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• When my oldest was a baby I had to work and my husband was in school. We only needed a sitter for 2 days of the week. We felt that a home setting would be best and found a person that lived near by. Several of the ladies in the complex liked her and had no trouble with her.

I probably should have found someone new when she insisted on feeding my daughter a bottle when I had asked her not to after 3 pm. I was nursing and would feed her as soon as I got home. Anyway, my daughter was 6 months old and I came to get her. The baby sitter informed me that she had let one of the other mothers bring a baby that had just been discharged from the hospital with RSV. RSV is a respiratory virus that can be very bad for young children. This baby had only been out of the hospital one day. Guess who got RSV and to this day, 14 years later, has asthma!
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• no babysitter,my two are always with me and i wouldnt have it any other way! now days with what this world is coming to you have to be very careful.
    mommy1180882509

Answer by mommy1180882509 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2009