I have noticed this, have you?

Maybe it is just the area I live in but I see this all the time. Hispanics pushing a stroller with a much older child- a child that can WALK with no problem. I have never seen a white woman, or a black woman, or an asian woman, etc pushing a stoller with a 7 year old in it. If the kid can walk without issues, then why are they in a stroller. I was out shopping today, & I saw this Hispanic lady pushing a storller- this kid had to be at least 6 years old. This kid didnt have any problems walking, in fact, she got out of the stoller to open the door. Why do Hispanic women do this? Or anyone really, its just that I have only ever seen Hispanic women do this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Just had a flash back. My SIL used to do the same for my nephew when she would to the mall. Umm she's white.
    Anonymous

• To me it sounds like you are stereotyping. I have actually NEVER seen this, and I live in a big city with a HUGE hispanic population. I have actually seen more white women doing this, especially at the mall. Oh, and I am white BUT NOT one of those women!
    Anonymous

• I've seen this I'll be honest. There's a good mix of ethnicities where I live as well. I dunno why a kid past the weight limit would be in a stroller no matter what race. I understand like amusement parks, crowded areas, but everyday...its a bit strange...but hey I think the kid leashes are weird too its just another form of making sure your kid is near you at all times I guess.
    Anonymous

• Usually if they are going to be out a long time, they bring a stroller to help their child because they get tired of walking! Think about it. Those little legs have to make two or three steps for every one made by their mom. (Plus strollers make great shopping carts.)

I know you aren't stereotyping, but go to the mall and watch...you'll see it's all races that do it. :)
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 7:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think even a child that age gets tired and its smart of her not to want to listen to complaining. I remember being ten years-old and my mom dragging me everywhere to go shopping and man I just wanted to sit down. I was sooo tired. Anyway, I don't know why you would let something like this bother you. To each his/ her own right?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• THE KID OR KIDS ARE TOO LAZY TO WALK !
    Anonymous

• Your point is...?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• as a white girl with hispanic family i will say u r right when u say hispanics tend do this more than other women and i called my aunt and asked her cause she did this she said it was because children and men come first and a child shouldn't have to walk as far as a mother does they need to be taught hard work but also be pampered and strollers help when u have alota kids to take with you plus tons of stuff to cary
    shevaughnld

Answer by shevaughnld at 1:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I have noticed it in my neighborhood also. I wonder if it is also tied in to the fact that most of thes families only have one car and the women have to walk averywhere because the husband has the car at work. At 6-7 year old will get tired if you are running errands all day and are walking.
    jelync

Answer by jelync at 2:13 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Kinda racists dont you think? I see alot of women of many different races doing this. Why does it matter to you? It is GREAT exercise! Mind your own business. Oh and I will be pushing my sons in the stroller until they dont want to any more. NBD, doesn't hurt them or me. And it certainly doesn't hurt or concern some stranger in the mall.

clovismommy25

Answer by clovismommy25 at 2:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2009