what do you do for a living?/or did you do for a living(before becoming SAHM)?

do (did)you like your job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Medical Laboratory Technologist
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was a nurse in psychiatric, corrections, and long term/geriatric care. I enjoyed working as a nurse. I kinda miss it. I became pregnant with our baby boy, who is now almost 5 mos. old and we also moved to another state, so I have not been working since then. I also have a college degree in graphic art and web design. I work freelance in those fields. I am also a founder and program director of my own non-profit organization for soldiers who are coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan. Plus, I'm preparing to start a freelance photography business. I enjoy working. I have never been a SAHM until we had our baby boy. I miss working. I really want to go back to working, but my husband and I DON'T want to put our son or our daughter in daycare, and since my husband's schedules for school and work are so hectic, I'm just enjoying my time at home with our children until I can go back to work again.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 7:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I work only 4 months out of the entire year so Im SAHM for 8 months of the year...Tax Preparer...yes I like It. I can be a working mom and SAHM...same with my hubby. He takes the time I work to only work part time, or take vacation or leave of absence, and the rest of the year he works mostly full time so it works out for us
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I currently work full time as a mortgage processor. I don't like this job and spent the last several years unhappy until I decided I had to make a change. I started a home business last year and am so glad that I did. Even though I have to continue to go to a job I don't like I now know that the end is in sight. In the near future I will be able to quit that job and be home working full time helping other great people do the same thing.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was a technical writer. I liked the writing, hated the way the company managed product release schedules. I do miss working, but I can't see going back to work full-time until my daughter's in elementary school.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Before I became a sahm I was a hairstylist and I loooved it. I mainly cut men's hair. I miss it alot.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 7:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was a secretary/office assistant. I did the basic office job and had worked my way in the insurance company I worked for before I became a SAHM. I loved it for a very long time until the company made tons of changes that were pretty lousy and made it unbearable to work there any longer. In the end it was an easy decision to leave. I like being a full time mom a lot more. That is not to say I wouldn't like to do something at home to make some money to help out our family.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I work as a caregiver (home health care) on the weekends and I am mommy/ college student during the week. I can't complain. I have it pretty good actually.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I worked in a veterinarian's office. It was ok, I did not like a lot of coworkers though.

BandME

Answer by BandME at 7:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i was a plastic surgery receptionist,esthetican,and then exotic dancer! when i got preg it was definately time for a life change. i have really grown up and become a more well rounded person and have been a SAHM ever since, but will be very excited to find a new career someday
    Anonymous