My son's forehead.

My son has had a dark spot on his forehead for about 6 months now. I have no idea how he got it but it doesn't seem to be going away. He rubs it sometimes but he's usually tired when he does. He goes to the doctor in december and I plan on asking his doctor about it but just wondering if anyone had any idea what it could b.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 7:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was reading your journal about his 18 month appt and you don't mention it being there then, so maybe it's only recently developed??? If you are concerned, especially since you mentioned what a BIG man he's already headed to being, 36" at 18 months, I'm not sure I'd wait until December. I might go ahead and let THEM tell ME that it was nothing, so that I wouldn't worry about it for 2 more months. If it was there at the 18 month appt, it seems like THEY would have asked about it. I think I'd have it checked out now. JMHO.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It was there at his appointment but it didn't really seem like a big deal then. I just figured he bumped his head on something. He is very fair skinned too and you can see a lot of the blood vessels around his temples so maybe it could be a vein? It's almost center on his forehead, just a little bit off to the left.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:07 AM on Oct. 30, 2009