I need super easy, super cheap and healthy veggie recipes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Do you like asparagus?

Super easy Roasted Asparagus:

Preheat oven to 400. Wash asparagus and chop about 3 inches of the stem end. In a pyrex dish, put about 1-2 tablespoons of evoo, add about 1tsp of garlic powder (or minced garlic), 1/2 tsp of minced onion and 1/4 tsp of pepper . . . mix it all up and then add the asparagus and toss to coat. Baked 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the stalks.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I serve this it over broccoli (and I make double the sauce).
    Pasta and Tofu with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 9:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently

• Sweet Potato Burritos
    3 teaspoons olive oil
    1 onion, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    6 cups canned kidney beans, drained (I use home cooked black beans; you can use any bean)
    2 cups water
    3 tablespoons chili powder
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    4 teaspoons prepared mustard
    1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
    3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
    4 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
    12 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
    shredded cheese (whatever you have)

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a medium skillet, and saute onion and garlic in until soft. Stir in beans, and mash. Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm. Remove from heat,
    and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce. Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese. Fold up tortillas burrito style. Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve. NOTE: I put the cheese inside and freeze burritos wrapped in wax paper in a big zipper bag; they can be microwaved safely in the wax paper.

• My favorite Super Easy recipe is:

Mexican Casserole

1 can kidney beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 cup of frozen corn
    1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
    1 cup salsa (I usually add more)

Mix them all put in a casserole and bake for about 35 minutes. I sometimes add fresh chopped onions and extra seasoning, but the recipe as is tastes yummy, and is super simple. You can even heat it in the microwave, but I like it in the oven. Serve it over rice, tortilla chips, a baked potato.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I cook green and red bell peppers with an onion in a tablespoon of butter and a tablespoon of olive oil. I add garlic. I take my fresh green beans I have already steam to a tender texture and put them in with the peppers and onions. I season with garlic powder salt and pepper. Very simple and very good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Whenever I want a new recipe I go to
    www.foodnetwork.com
    They have anything you need - - and it's free !!!
    KELLI2L

Answer by KELLI2L at 11:52 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• How about a frittata? In a cast iron frying pan, fry some minced onion in olive oil. Add any other veggies you like, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, garlic,cooked potatoes, etc. Preheat the oven to 350.

Once the onions are slightly browned and the other veggies are cooked but not overcooked, add as many beaten eggs mixed with a little water that you want,( 3-6), adding salt if desired, pour over veggies and put pan in oven. Have it bake for 25 minutes or until set.

Cool slightly before serving, You can also add cheese, or leftover cooked pasta to the frittata before baking, depending on what you have on hand. This is good hot or cold at any time of the day.

diospira

Answer by diospira at 12:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Wow a lot of veggie lovers on here!
    Steam broccoli and carrots, pour on a little bit of Kraft Light AsianToasted Sesame salad dressing. Can serve over rice or add meat for stir fry.

1 can Ranch Style beans and one can dice tomatoes in a pot and pour over bake potato....watch out for sodium. Add cheese.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2009