I need help with my wedding colors.

We are having a beach wedding and so far I only have blue. I've had a range of different ideas. I like a tropical theme since it is the beach, like Hawaii. What other colors will go with blue for a beach wedding?

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 7:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Im trying to think which color compliments blue, but I can't remember it right now. Maybe you should google complimentary colors and see which color is actually supposed to go with blue. You know it will look best that way.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• a creme color or even orange would look good at the beach...blue and brown would be pretty i think..kinda rustic beachy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Our colors were blue and yellow.... our fav. colors.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 8:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Blue and white, white is typically a beach color, or like shay1130 said cream would be nice
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think beige/tan. Something lighter than brown but darker than cream would be really pretty with either a light blue or a darker blue I think. And I think that combo would feel beachy.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Click on the text coloers and see what you like. Normally you can use 2 shades of blue or Blue and a complimentary green if you want color or maybe a blue and a peach but make sure that you have samples to lay together to be sure they are complimentary Check a color WHEEL.
    seasidegrandma

Answer by seasidegrandma at 1:17 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• for a beach wedding, probly blue and gold, or blue and yellow. or blue and white, but thats not as "beachy" lol. Ive always wanted to get married on the beach!!! but were getting married here, in ohio. we want all our friends and family there, and it'd be way to expensive to travel with everyone to the beach!! maybe when we get rich someday, haha, but good luck and congrats!!!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I would use blue and gold with a little cream for high lights. Also look up a color wheel for some other ideas. There are basely 3 ways to go for color combines of color (1) different shades of the same color, (2) the 2 or 3 colors to the right or left of your main color in your case blue (3) the color across the main color in your case blue again. You can all ways use the shades of the colors involve.

Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 11:08 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Im an artist and actually everything goes with blue.
    it just depends on what shade of blue you are using.
    I woud start with your dress and your favorite colors and work from that point out.
    After all its your day you dont need to please any one else.

The other thing might be the time of year the wedding will be in.
    Im asuming a spring or summer wedding but depending on what beach you
    are at and so on...

If you are going traditional...creams and browns
    If you are going modern...cherry, wine, and different shades of green all go
    with different hues of blue.
    Even black too.

Honestly the sky is the limit.
    blue orange white
    blue pink white
    blue yellow green

blue and black
    blue and green
    blue and pink
    blue and yellow
    blue and orange
    blue and purple

I think if there was a color to not use would be red
    to avoid looking so tradi
    Ranieri

Answer by Ranieri at 11:17 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• If you are doing a beach wedding, the men could wear tan - like sand. It goes well with blues. Fashion designers use Pantone.com, the fashion colors, for a certain season to determine what colors will be in then, it can help you make decisions sometimes.
    joysings

Answer by joysings at 12:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2010