Does anyone have problems with their mother-in-laws?

I know that it's a huge stereo-type that mother-in-laws are horrible and can make your life a living hell, but has anyone ever experienced it? My husband and I have been married for less than a year and we were only together for three months before we got married.I only met my mother-in-law once before the ceremony/reception so there was a little bit of tension that I felt from her end.My husband is her youngest son, yet he's 27 years old and no where close to being a momma's boy.Since we've been married though,every time we go over to her house she makes it a point to bring up his exes and I find that disrespectful, and it's every single time.She still talks to his most recent ex-girlfriend on a regular basis.And to make matters worse,I'm 8 months pregnant and she has never once showed any interest in my pregnancy or her first grand-child.She even said that the 3-d ultrasound picture of the baby was ugly!!! Anything similar?

T.Lib

Asked by T.Lib at 7:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm actually really close with my MIL. We are pretty much like mother and daughter, but she knows how my husband can be sometimes and she almost always takes my side. She and I are so much alike though. They say a man will marry a woman like his momma. Im sorry you're having those issues. I know that's probably hard for you.
    Anonymous

• No but I'd just lose interest in someone who treated me like that
    I tend to be very blunt and just let people know when they are pissing meoff so they can have the chance to change but if you arent that aggressive I suggest not showing or paying her much attention may do the trick
    Anonymous

• wow nothing to that exstream but my ml is a pain and she lives with us and she is nosy she is very nosy me and my hubby just got married and he ignores her he barely talks to her and she live in his house he is in the miltary and she always finds away to bring up his ex wife she dosent seem interested in my son who is six months all i can say is to you honestly pray about it and be patient thats what everyone told me good \luck and i know what u are going through he is her only child she has two step kids but no contact
    momma051209

Answer by momma051209 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Yeah, I dont get along with my mother in law at all. She's very spit ful pushy and jelous. She has never liked me and was very two faced to me. My DH doesnt talk to her anymore either. She tried to control everything including bills and stuff. When DH took over everything she said he would fail and couldnt do it and he would fall straight on his face. Personaly I think and he thinks it was bc as she was doing his bills she was taking money. She's crazy! The crazy thing is she just lives a house away from us.
    Anonymous

• My MIL is a very good person we get along. but that does not means that I agree with everything she says or want. In my case she does not neglect my son. Sometimes she tells me and DH what to do and how to do thing regarding my son and that pissedme off.
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• only you know what side of yours he has not see
    Anonymous

• MY MOTHER-IN-LAW PAST AWAY LONG TIME AGO , BUT WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE SHE WAS THE SWEETES WOMAN ! I MISS HER EVERY MUCH !
    Anonymous