im in desperate need of a routine

my daughter is 18 months and needs a routine. She used to have one but somehow we got off of it? please help

destineemommy

Asked by destineemommy at 7:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hey the way you spell Destinee is the exact same way we spell my sisters name.

sorry I didnt have anything else to put but I've never seen it before, so yeah
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• LOL... I have a 3 year old and a 2 year old. We wake up, walk my oldest to school at 8, come back , read a book, play a learning game on the computer, print out a coloring page and color. hang it on the fridge, watch an hour of tv, take a nap between 12:30-1pm. Get up at 2-2:30, pick up my oldest from school at 3, come back and do chores anr have a snack, watch a little more tv, eat dinner, and hang out until 8, take baths and in bed by 9. I'm a SAHM. So it's pretty easy to stay on top of ths routine...lol. Hope this helps:)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Your the mom, you can set the routine.

I suggest just focusing them around nap time(s) and bed time.

Your daughter might protest a little at first, but kids like knowing what to expect, and they eventually like routine.

good luck.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• your childs routine has to play off your schedule too.
    my son THRIVES off routine,. if we stray from it often he actually fights more
    Wakes up at 6am( his c hoice NOT mine!) we make pancakes or eggs or cereal. We clean up, play cars or whatever he wants til 7am - Mommy showers and gets ready for work, I have a picture chart so I show him his teachers picture and tell him he's going to school. drop him off at 8. My mom picks him up at 2:00 after his nap - ( on the way to school I remind him how much fun school is and that grandma will pick him up after nap - he now tells me this ) I pick him up from my mom's at 5;30- we go home, play til 6 dinner time til 6:30-6:45 at dinner time we do flashcards for fun - after dinner his we play with him, color, build garages for his cars from blocks, chase each other with trucks, he loves to RUN so we run accross the house from wall to wall - then 7:15 snack time, I made another contd
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• chart for bedtime so we all sit down and go over what needs to be done,
    1. snack
    2. pick up toys
    3. get pj's on
    4. brush and floss teeth
    5 bedtime - his beditme is 8 so we go in there 5 minutes to 8. Read 2 or 3 books, he gets to pick out which ones he wants me to read - then I put the books away and I tell him he gets to sleep in his bed with his puppy, blankets, and I will be there to get him when he wakes up and we will make pancakes or eggs - he wakes up and almost instantly tells me what he wants to eat - he will be 2 next week and we've been doing this type of routine for a couple months but he's had similar types of routines since he was 7 months old or so.good luck mommy..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2009