How do I keep my son from learning totake off his diaper and play in his poo-my mother warned me today that this would happen?

nicbrun77

Asked by nicbrun77 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he? Maybe he's tired of diapers and ready to potty train
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• As in he's doing it, or you dont' want him to? My kids have never done that.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My kids have never done that. Well, one did one time and screamed when he smelled it! Lol! Yes, some kids will, but not all.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We just wore onesies. It took care of that happening...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My daughter just turned one and this hasn't been an issue at all with her- I don't think all kids do it, or at least most don't do it frequently, but I know it happens. What I have heard of to help is putting a onesie on so baby can't just reach into the diaper. I have also hear of putting the diaper itself on backward so that tabs are in the back, or putting pajamas on the baby backwards at night- like the zip-up pj's with feet- so that baby can't unzip themselves and get into the diaper. I hope that helps if you do encounter this problem.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Not all kids will do this but it can happen. My oldest didn't but my youngest has gotten her diaper of twice thank god only once was it Dirty. I agree with MaryMW about the diaper or pj's on backwards or just put bloomers on him. He will learn to take the diaper off at some point. They all do. You are mostly only going to have to worry about this at night and nap time and if you keep something covering the diaper then you shouldn't have a problem.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 11:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2009