Best moving tip 4 once you arrive at the new crib-

Ok I now all about packing early, packing organized, now I am about to get the U-haul and make the big drive, 9 hours.

What should I know?

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 8:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did a traveling gig for a while & moved a lot (not all my crap..was in executive housing which is not quite as glamorous as it sounds lol), but enough to become a pro at moving.
    Label those boxes, not just the contents, but which room they go in (in biggest letters) so you can easily take it to that room. Master BR, BR 2, LR...etc. Put the big pieces of furniture right where you think you want them to be so you don't have to move them far to decorate your room. Men like to dump it right in the middle for some reason, so you wind up having to move it AGAIN.
    Make sure the sheets, blankets, pillows, TP, towels, possibly supplies to clean the shower (germaphobic like me?), and shower curtain are handy. Set the bed up first so that you can unpack until you can hardly stand it anymore...shower with HOT water to loosen up those tired muscles, then fall into bed and sleep like the dead. You will SO love your bed that night
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Hmm . . make sure you bring TP. I don't know. Have fun . . . moving is a lot of work!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Dont forget the toilet paper for when you get there. DH packed ours and I had to sit there stranded until he found the box it was in :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Make sure that every box goes into the proper room. You don't want to just pile everything into the first room to come to. Also, I would set up the bed first if possible. Good Luck!
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Thanks! Keep em coming!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2009