My son is 6 and have never had any "poop" in the undies issues...but recently have had a lot. Please read and give me your best guess.

This is NOT an issue about not wiping after a poop, b/c he is doing it before he poops...I try to make him sit and poop at certain times so that he wont have accidents but he says he doesnt need to at that time.......I force him to try and try all day and nothing....then before I know it, poop in the undies.

Its not a ton of poop, but its not a streak either its somewhere in the middle.....

I am starting to get worried about it, like there may be some underlying issue here.....

Anybody else deal with this....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I'd say constipation. It's a common problem with constipation to have "accidents". Even if he goes on a regular basis be might still be constipated. I would talk to his pediatrician about it and see if you could start on something like Miralax to get things going and see if it solves the problem.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:41 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• ask him if he farted...maybe he has gas and is thinking its just gonna be a fart and it happens to be a little more. This has happend to my son, who is almost 5 and has always been really good with the potty. He once was right next to me, and he thinks its funny to fart (just like his dad), and he farted and said "oops, i'm sorry mommy, i thought it was just a fart".
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My son just went through the same thing. It lasted a couple of months. The doctor just had me give him some Miralax and it stopped after about two months.
    Anonymous

• OP HERE: I read about constipation in children and that sounds like his issue! I have started him on some prunes and juice to see if I can help him go more.....I will make an appointment if it doesn't help within a few days! THANK YOU!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2009