Is this classless?

I had my sister's baby shower invitations made with one of her professionl maternity pictures on it. It was one that was showing her belly. My mom made the comment that some people may think it was classless. Was I wrong for thinking this was a cute idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think now it is very trendy, but in your mother's generation it was more hidden. In the middle ages, women hid it even moreso.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If the belly is bare..yes it lacks class. I would be offended if I recieved it in the mail from anyone except my sisters or DIL. If the belly isn't bare..no big whoop.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the first post....I think most younger women wouldn't thing a thing about it, but ladies from the older generations would possibly be a little shocked...;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• no way there is nothing classless about a beautiful pregnant belly.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think a pregnant belly is beautiful, Some pictures of a bare belly can be very classy.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 8:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• A friend of mine did another friends baby shower invites that way. I wasnt liking it, but it wasnt my shower or my belly.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 8:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• belly pics r WAY cute tell the ol'hag 2 get over it!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree that it's a generational thing. The younger generation will love it. The older generation will be a little shocked.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I'm 37, and I think it depends on how the picture was done. Are we talking about something up close and in your face, belly button sticking out, stretch marks highlighted, etc, or are we talking about something tastefully lit, maybe in profile, done in black and white, with the belly shown, and probably the mother's hands wrapped around, as if holding the baby?

Because, like just about everything, there can be a tasteful way of doing it and a tacky way of doing it. It's sort of like when you see a woman who is pg and isn't trying to hide it looks nice, but a woman who is pg and is almost like she's in denial, wearing low riders (with the thong hanging out the top) and a cropped baby T (that barely tucked under her boobs) is tacky. (yes - I saw someone about 8 mos pg dressed like that) Everyone with me - from my late 60's mil, to friends some in their 30's some in 20's, and my teens all thought so, too.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It is or a baby shower, it was an adorable idea. Love it.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2009