Mucus plug questions...

I'm 38 weeks & 5 days pregnant and I think I'm losing my mucus plug. This may be a little TMI, sorry.

It looks like balls of snot, alittle stringy, and very disgusting looking lol.

Am I losing it? Do you have to lose it all at once? (This has been happening the past few days and It's been alot.) There isn't any tinge of blood or anything.

Last question- If this is what's happening, usually how long does it take to go into labor.

Thanks =)

Jacki88

Asked by Jacki88 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • losing your plug doesn't mean much, it could be the next couple days or even 2 more weeks. i lost mine in peices within a week. i had to be induced though.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Sounds like your mucus plug! I have just started losing mine to. It can still be a few weeks before you go into labor, or it could be a few days. For me, I usually have at least a week or so. But it's not always that way. You are in the final stretch, just no telling how long that will be! :-)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I'm hoping so, I didn't lose mine with my first baby so I wasn't sure. Not a very attractive thing to have to go through lol.
    Jacki88

Answer by Jacki88 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009