just want to know your opinions on this

if a woman and man are together, not married but living together, and they have a 2 almost 3 yr old child together, and they break up, what would you think of him for kicking both the woman and the child out of the apartment knowing that the only place she and the 2 yr old has to go is her moms couch?
My best friend and her boyfriend broke up and he kicked her and their 2 yr old son out and wont even let her back in to get her stuff because "he doesn't want her back in his house". ok granted when they broke up she threw a lamp at him, lol, but still, doesn't she at least have a right to get her stuff?
Also, shouldn't he have at least let her stay long enough to find a decent place?
mind you he is letting his sister and her 5 kids stay up in the 2 yr old sons bedroom instead of letting his son and his sons mother stay in there while she gets things going to get her own place- it makes no sense to me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• If she threw a lamp at him, he'd probably rather her go get their stuff while he's not there.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I think she can go with the police and get her things. If she isnt on the lease they prob will still let her get her childs things. Have her go to the house and then call the police. If she just calls they will tell her she can't get anything, she would need to be at the house when they show up and I think she will get her stuff.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:04 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• txdanielly- he doesn't want her there period- he took her keys and everything but shes worried that if she lets him bring her stuff to her instead of her getting it herself then his sister will take stuff that belongs to my friend mrs.oriaku- i told her that but shes at the point where shes begging for him to take her back and shes afraid that if the police get involved that he'll get pissed at her and not take her back (which i think is stupid but what ever makes her happy) I am just pissed at him for making the 2 yr old have to share a couch with his mom at my bestfriends moms house when he could have been comfortable in his own room that is now occupied by his grown ass aunt- Im sorry, I know its not really my business but it really pisses me off, I love my best friend and her son so much and i feel like he's really screwing her over

Anonymous

• well maybe hes mad at her and he knew she had a place her momma's house.let him get cool down so that she can go and get her stuff or make up and move back in ect...

this is why people need to get married before having kids....

and thats his sister which he's not mad at.... i know my brother would do the same for me!!!
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 9:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

well her mom still has 3 kids living at home in a 3 bedroom apartment so she doesn't have any place but the couch for both her and her 2 yr old son

his son should come before his sister- i don't care how much he feels for his sister, his son should always come first- especially since the sister doesn't do anything in the house, and that goes for

this isn't always so easy- I am not married and I have 4 kids, but my fiance and i are both deeply in love and will not be breaking up, we don't believe in parents leaving each other when kids are involved, its not right and its unfair to the kids

Anonymous

• and thats his sister which he's not mad at.... i know my brother would do the same for me!!!

and he should not put his sister before his 2 yr old son- i don't care how much he cares for his sister- his sister should not be in there when his own son is sleeping on a couch- the sister is a grown ass woman and should get her own place and trake care of her own 5 kids and not kick a 2 yr old out of his room or house- thats the whole reason they broke up- he was putting his sister and her kids before his own son
    Anonymous

• I know you probably aren't going to like this, and it's not meant mean, but this is my honest thougths on it.

She has the right to her stuff. Also, I do NOT think it's funny that she threw a lamp at him. If HE had thrown a lamp at her, we would all be screaming domestic abuse. She was WAY out of line. The child should not be punished. It should have been handled the same way it would have been if it was the man with an anger issue (and yes, if your friend, who is old enough to have a child, handles her anger by chucking things at people, she has an anger control issue) - SHE should have been given the boot - with her stuff - to stay at her mom's or wherever, and HE should have kept the child there in their apt, sleeping in his room, with his things, etc. He should have stayed with the parent that doesn't have the problem and does have a home.

Which is exactly what would be happening if the genders were reversed.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• well thats true but i know that my husband would never kick me out or his child... and yes thier son should be before the sister... but did your friend choose to take her son with her?? i'm not taking any sides because most of the time there's fault on both sides of conflict... but is this a common thing with them they fight he kicks her out ect.... if its like that then she should leave him.
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 9:33 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• op here- i agree totally about her being stupid for throwing the lamp and i told her so and she agrees with me as well- it was a heat of the moment type of thing- but the reason she has her son is because th father has been known to forget who has his kids (he has custody of 2 older kids by a dif mom) because he wanted to go out drinking at his bike club and didn't feel like having to stay home with them- then later hes so drunk he cant remember who was watching them for him- also his older son (who is 12) has autism and has been having issues with the 2 yr old ( he gets jealous of the things the 2 yr old gets since hes still a baby and he gets violent) so because of that even though my best friend doesnt have a decent place to stay she still didnt trust leaving him there with them
    Anonymous

• She needs to get the police to get her stuff and the childs things. As far as kicking her out, that is just scummy. The guy is a jerk and she is better off without him. I wish women wouldn't settle for guys like this and then have kids.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:58 PM on Oct. 29, 2009