looking for popular books for a 9 year old girl?

I am getting started on christmas for my kids and I am wondering what are some popular books that my 9 year old daughter might like

kjoprater

Asked by kjoprater at 9:16 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I teach 4thgrade and my kids love the Shadow children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Look on the site www.readkiddoread.com It has lists of books by age. It really would depend on what her interests are. Take her to a bookstore and let her browse the shelves and keep track of what she seems most interested in. Ask her what she is interested in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• It will depend on her interests, but my 8 year old is currently reading the Little House on the Prairie series - which I LOVED when I was her age. My 9 year old son is currently reading the Left Behind: The Kids series, but that would be dependent upon your beliefs, and they can be a little intense - I'm keeping one book ahead of him.

Answer by missanc at 9:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Diary of a Wimpy kid
    The Junie B Jones set
    Nancy Drew Mysteries
    Judy Blume book sets
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Ramona Quimby Age Eight
    Then Again Maybe Not
    Super Fudge
    Tales of a Forth Grade Nothing
    Goosebumps Series
    Little Princess
    Secret Garden
    Treasure Island-Maybe need help
    Swiss Family Robinson-maybe need help

fourisplenty

Answer by fourisplenty at 10:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• The Babysitter's club!

I know it's not "new" but they were my favorite growing up.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2009

• It really depends on her tastes. Mine loves anything dark, pirates, fairies, fantasy. She just turned 10 and has to read on high level to not let her older brother "win."

Her favorites from 4th grade: The InkHeart Series, His Dark Materials (Golden Compass) series, Vampirates series, Peter and the Star Catchers (I loved this one), Eragon series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, The Lion, Witch&Wardrobe and it's series, Lemmony Snickitts - a series of unforunate events,City of Bones, City of Ashes, The Wizard of Oz books (there are about 20.) She is currently finishing up the last of the Lord of the Rings books.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Thanks for all the great suggestions...at least I have a starting point now. She is not much of a reader and I am really trying to push it on her. When I asked her what kind of books she would be interested in she just said chapter books...so that did not help me a whole lot. I am trying to find some good ones that will hold her interest, so thanks=)
    kjoprater

Answer by kjoprater at 10:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2009

• Judy Blume is great! Also, Goosebumps.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:02 PM on Nov. 9, 2009