stepdaughter issues

My stepdaughter doesn't claim her father (my husband) because in her eyes he didn't try to be a dad lil does she know her mom did not let him but she will claim me more than her bio-parents and her adopted dad she also claims my kids i feel really guilty cause she loves and gets along with me best i have tried everything to get her to see where her dad was coming from how can i get her to atleast tolerate my hubby without pushing her away

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• it will take time. dont push too hard. as she gets older, deals with adult situations, and begins to look at life through the eyes of an adult things may change. be there like you are, and if you are so inclined - pray
    Anonymous

• Family counseling. She also needs to be told the truth. She is old enough to know, just be age appropriate.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Ugh, I had the same thing happen with my Mom. My Dad didn't tell me the whole truth of why she left him till another family member informed me of both sides of their story. I confronted BOTH my parents and finally got a better understanding of why she left my Dad. After that I became a lot closer to her and I am so glad someone finally told me the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:24 AM on Oct. 31, 2009