How many women were raped or molested at a young age like I was?

Please post anon if you're more comfortable doing so. I am writing a paper and would like to include some informal statistics. Please give the age at which you were abused and if the abuser was a family member/friend. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• I was 13. and he was a friend from school.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 9:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was 9, he was 17 and babysitting my cousin(11) and I and raped both of us.
    Allie_kat1

Answer by Allie_kat1 at 9:40 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was sexually abused by my grandfather from the age of 6 until I finally got the courage to turn him in when I was in 7th grade. He killed himself rather than go to prison.

I was also date raped by a guy I was seeing in high school. He was 5 yrs older than I was and out of school. I had not slept with him, and I had told him a couple of times I wasn't ready for that kind of relationship. I thought he was ok with it. He took me out in the middle of nowhere - told me we were going to see a friend of his - and on the drive was "casually" telling me about the new knife he had that was in the glove box that he hadn't taken home yet. Then, when we were out in the boonies, he pulled off the road and told me he was sick of waiting and I knew what I needed to do. If not, I could get out and walk home. I was afraid he would hurt me and went along with it. I didn't turn him in b/c it was his word against mine.
    Anonymous

• I father didn't do anything to me but me and my sister was tooken away from my parents when we were young b/c someone said that my dad did and I was about 3or 4 my sister was 2years older then me and we were with this couple they were odd and we were with them over a year and they checked me and my sister down there and I remember like it was like yesterday and there were a man and women dr looking my sister went first then it was my turn but ya idk if this helps in anything but I it messed me and sister up about guys anything like that ... I cryed the first time I was check for my first check up with my son when I was preggo and my midwife knew something happen to me
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 9:41 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was 6 and he was a man in my neighborhood.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 9:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was by both of my older brothers and it's why I wanted a girl first and can't really tell people cause they just think I'm not happy with a healthy baby.
    Anonymous

• Oh and as early as I can remember til I was about 10. Old enough not to be afraid of the boogie man getting me but by then I was scared cuz I felt guilty that I had let it happen to me for so long already. It didn't stop til my parents divorced and my brothers moved with my dad. My parents still have no idea.

Anonymous

• 3 of my best friends growing up were molested. Actually the only 3 girls I was close enough with to tell me about it) 2 of them it was their older brother and 1 was her dad. He also killed himself after she told someone. And his suicide note said he forgave her for lying! And yes, I was too. By my brother. When I was 3-7...
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 9:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was molested I think from about the age of 9 to about 12, by my best friends grandfather 3 doors down from us. I knew it was wrong, but I also knew if I told anyone, that I would loose my best friend. Well, I still kept my mouth shut and my mom saw the signs and pulled it out of me. He pleaded no contest and was supposed to go to counseling. Never happened and he still lives 3 doors down from my parents. It was very awkward growing up down the street from them, knowing my best friend was there and we had no contact. Crazy old man, I hear he molested his daughters too, all their family is either screwed up mentally or they don't come around...
    aebrown

Answer by aebrown at 10:32 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I was molested by my father from the age of 5 until I was 11 when my parents divorced. I told my Mom. She didn't believe me. I told the school nurse she didn't believe me. I told my sister, she took me to my Mom and said NOW do you believe us. If she had believed my sister he probably wouldn't have started on me. I was raped at 14 coming home from babysitting down the street by my next door neighbors son. He was 17. I didn't tell anyone until I entered counciling when I was 22. These events have had a profound effect on my personality, my confidence, my life. I have been suicidal many times due to it. I am well over 40 now and only in the last few years feel in control of my life.
    Anonymous