My fridge is leaking can anyone help?

I think it's the ice maker. But the fridge is lodged in and it's huge. Dh won't be home till Sunday and I have no clue how to shut off the water, or turn off the ice maker.

It's a side by side, with water and ice dispenser in the door.

Please help quickly. I've already mopped it up twice in the past hour. I can't imagine what will happen if I have to leave it over night!

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would also have no clue how to stop it, but you could try the website of the manufacturer of the fridge.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• isnt there a lever in the freezer section, close to the ice maker-it should shut it off. or you could get a neighbor to help you move the fridge to turn off the water.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• If you're really stuck, can you find a shut-off valve that affects the water supply to the fridge, but doesn't shut off your kitchen sink water?
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• google your problem, there are several websites that will trouble shoot for you and give you solutions. We had a similar problem with our fridge and it ended up being the water that is supposed to drain out when self defrosting was freezing in the tube that takes it out, then it created a huge water leaking problem. We googled it, found a solution. We had to take out the tray in the freezer, chip away the ice and then pour hot water down the tube to melt the ice in there until it flowed freely like it is supposed to. Anyways, try google.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2009