Does anyone know how long it takes on average for your hips to return to their near normal pre-pregnancy size? I have an increased hip size of about 5 inches from my recent pregnancy and while it's only been 3 weeks I'm looking forward to when I can start seeing a decline in my size...

Brianna_sMommy

Asked by Brianna_sMommy at 10:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• not sure that it really does return to pre-pregnancy size, it should go down a smidge though, slowly :(
    Anonymous

• well i dont think that your hips ever go back to pre-pregnancy size. mine havent. i lost all my babyweight and am back to weighing 120 but my hips are a little wider than before.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 10:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• are they supposed to??? LOL. Almost 15 yrs later and they are not back to pre-pg width. My weight is GREAT for my age but my hips are my hips.
    Anonymous

• Um, your hips do not go back to how they were prepregnancy. Only the weight... Sorry....
    Anonymous

• My hips are the same as they were when I had my son 17 months ago. Sorry, they won't go away -- you might as well learn to enjoy having womanly hips!!
    CoffeeOrDeath

Answer by CoffeeOrDeath at 3:38 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I don't think that your hips return to the size they were.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My hips DID go back and I am now my high school weight or smaller. I am a size 4 and after baby I was a 14. I am 5'6" and weigh 120. It took FIVE YEARS. Lol. Sorry but it did.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• wow.... u have thecourage to measure your hips?? i barely wanna look at the scale lol. but also take into consideration your uterus is not all the way back down 3 weeks pp..... that alone takes 6 weeks so take that into account (lower belly is also a factor for hip measurement)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• your hips can go back to pre pregnancy! go see a chiropractor. He can give you an adjustment that will help. also do stretching exercises. this will help your ligaments so they wont stiffen up, which will make it easier for them to get back in place. Dont sit for long hours at a time. go for walks. it works! I promise!
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 1:05 AM on Nov. 1, 2009

• My hips are smaller now then they were before I had my DD 4 years ago. And it didn't take long for them to go back! I think it has alot to do with genes!
    Anonymous