Help I burnt my fingers...

like 3 hours ago and they still sting like hell... I had an oven mitt on, pulled dinner out of the oven and the mitt decided not to work and my 4 finger tips got burned, all have blistered. I immediately ran them under cool water and they have been on ice ever since. I'm just wondering if anyone else knows any other pain relieving methods cause I'm running out of ice!!! Any suggestions at all, it hurts sooooo bad :(

ba13ygrl1987

Asked by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Get a towel, wet it in the sink and stick it in the freezer. If you still have some ice now then you have some time to let the towel freeze. Put two in there so that when one is thawed out you have another one waiting.

Aloe helps heal burned skin too, but the very best thing is to keep it cold - be careful of frost bite though.

Take some advil or tylenol for the pain too, that should help you sleep.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• any aloe vera?
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 10:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Believe it or not toothpaste helps a LOT. But it has to be the paste kind, not the gel kind. Someone told me about it about 12 or so years ago and it really helped.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:26 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Oops, I meant a dish towel or a hand towel - not a whole huge towel! LOL!

I hope you feel better!
    beckcorc

• I figured the dish towel, but thanks LOL!! I also tried the aloe and toothpaste, to no avail I think the burns are too deep :( The only thing helping is the ice/cool running water... I'm putting a towel in the freezer now. Thanks ladies!!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Go buy an aloe vera plant, and peel off the green skin. Put the gooey insides on your fingers, and wrap them up. You will be good to go in a couple hours! My nephew burned his hand,and it blistered up badly, and his aunt put that on him, and it was just fine within a couple hours. Same thing w/ my DD when she burned her arm.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 11:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• put butter on your finger tips that helps a whole lot
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• DO U WANT ME TO CRY FOR U OR DO U WANT A COOKY FOR IT ?
    Anonymous

• Do not put butter on a burn, that is very bad for a burn. Cool water or if you can get Flamazine, it's a burn ointment and it works wonders, takes away the pain like nothing I've ever tried. It's only by Rx here, but some places it's OTC. My dad had some from a bad burn and I tried it and it was like a miracle how it took the pain away.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Thanks ladies, that cool towel helped A LOT! But I appreciate all the other suggestions, I'll keep them in mind for future burns. I actually had heard he butter suggestion from my aunt whose a nurse I just am out of butter, so apparently it really does work. Thanks again ladies. Miss annon, First of all I would like a COOKIE not cooky, however you don't seem like the type of person I want knowing my address so keep your cookie and shove it :)
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2009