Any PAs (the medical kind not the welfare kind) out there?

I'm thinking about going to a PA program. I'm about to finish my associate RN degree. Do you like what you do? What is your average salary right out of school? Which degree do you have? What school did you go to? You can of course reply anon. My ultimate goal is to become a doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• I hated it! lol

I worked for years in a clinical laboratory testing specimans and wanted a change of scenary...I had an in with a lot of Dr's with the line of work I was in. Decided to change my career. It was horrible!!!! Just not for me AT ALL. I have a HUGE amount of respect for PA's and Rn's after having that experiance. I went from looking at lab results to assisting knee drainings...paps....boil lancing is GROSS lol! .. I just did not have the stomache for it!

Thank goodness for people like you!

Good Luck!
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• LOL. Trust me, I get grossed out. I try and hide it from the patient but I love the other cool stuff.
    Anonymous

• My daddy is a PA. He had an undergrad in chemistry and went to PA school at Western Michigan. He's been working in ERs for 26 years now. He loves it. He has always worked in Michigan where he can write scripts and everything. It's a LOT of schooling though, so if you want to be a doc, I don't know that PA is the move to make.. I don't know that it will move you along towards your ultimate goal.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2009