my bf's leaving for a wk im depressed any ideas?

we have been together every night for the last 7mths since we moved in together except one and it wasnt by choice i didnt sleep well either, hes now going away for a whole week for work and im very depressed. on top of it hes been craby the last 2 days cuz his dog ran away. any one got some ideas to keep me going for a whole wk if not longer? he works long hrs as is 5am- normally11 or 12 pm pumping manure sometimes later. im one depressed mommy right now.

mememecassie

Asked by mememecassie at 10:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• After 6 years of marriage, almost 12 years together, I WISH my dh would go away for a week! LOL. Seriously, I know that doesn't help you, but the week will go by, you can watch whatever you want to watch on tv, eat whatever you want for dinner, read a book, take a bubble bath, enjoy the quiet....and when he gets come it will be a great feeling that us old married ladies don't enjoy anymore...
    Anonymous

• gets *home*
    Anonymous

• my best friend's husband just left for Iraq for 6 months! it can always be worse. enjoy the week though. at least you can have "me time" and reconnect with yourself (which is a very healthy thing to do every once in a while)
    Anonymous

• A week will go by quickly, you'll see! Trust me...keep yourself busy. I am on my 4th week of my husband being gone with Army deployment training. We've been married for 13 years. He was gone for a month for training in July. I was freaking out then, but this time its easier. A week isn't so bad
    Anonymous

• It's only a week. It will go by quickly.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My hubby went to iraq for 7mo and only 2 have went by but it seems like it has gone by fast so a week will be nothing plus you'll be happy to see eachother. By the way me and my hubby have been married for over a year and did not spend one night apart till now
    Anonymous

• Very depressed?? It's just a week.
    I'm not trying to be a jerk but come on, it's one week. It's not a month or years like some women who are married to a soldier have to go through.

While he's gone take that time to take care of yourself, to enjoy being you. Get your nails done, get together with some girlfriends. Have a movie night with some friends. When he gets home it will be so exciting to welcome him back =)

lctmmedina

Answer by lctmmedina at 11:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• My husband was in Iraq for 15 months...I stayed busy by taking classes, finding things to do with my son, having fun nights with eating our fav. meals...just finding different activities..I'm sure you can occupy yourself for a week though...before you know it, it will be over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• You'll find ways to fill the time. My hubby is Air Force, adn though he doesn't deploy much he is often gone on TDY's for anywhere from 3 days-2 weeks, sometimes almost back-to-back. The first few times was rough, and his 4 month deployment was hard at first, but you find ways to fill the time, and you can watch what you want, do what you want, go to bed when you want, it's not that bad. I know it seems like a long time for never having been apart, but it will go by quick.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• don't be depressed, it is only one week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Oct. 30, 2009