Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know where to apply for Christmas assistance, my son is autistic and daughter has illness that affects her heart, I have lost my job and don't know how I will tell them I can't get them presents

Answer Question

Asked by sadmom2 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Toys for Tots? There should be one in every county. Look up on the internet? I definately have to do that this year...

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

  • Try the salvation army. Sign up early though, they do run out of gifts quickly.

    Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

  • Where do you live in my town its toys for tots but the change it to christmas unlimited! I can try to help see what your town has to offer

    Answer by christinkie at 10:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

  • I would also talk to your social worker. Sometimes small communities have groups that want to 'adopt' a family for christmas, and they get their names form the SSW.

    Answer by owens_family at 12:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • at cafemom freecycle we are doing a christmas sign up. it is not guarantee but you can try.

    Answer by dons_doll at 1:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • Make a wish for your children to get presents. Just last year a couple of women in groups with me on here received gifts for their children that way...

    Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • try your local salvation army. they have food baskets for thanksgiving and christmas and they let you pick a few toys for christmas. it's worth a try.

    Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

  • Try you local church.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.