Does anyone know where to apply for Christmas assistance, my son is autistic and daughter has illness that affects her heart, I have lost my job and don't know how I will tell them I can't get them presents

sadmom2

Asked by sadmom2 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Toys for Tots? There should be one in every county. Look up on the internet? I definately have to do that this year...
    Anonymous

• Try the salvation army. Sign up early though, they do run out of gifts quickly.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Where do you live in my town its toys for tots but the change it to christmas unlimited! I can try to help see what your town has to offer
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 10:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I would also talk to your social worker. Sometimes small communities have groups that want to 'adopt' a family for christmas, and they get their names form the SSW.
    owens_family

Answer by owens_family at 12:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• at cafemom freecycle we are doing a christmas sign up. it is not guarantee but you can try.
    dons_doll

Answer by dons_doll at 1:18 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• www.wishuponahero.com Make a wish for your children to get presents. Just last year a couple of women in groups with me on here received gifts for their children that way...
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• try your local salvation army. they have food baskets for thanksgiving and christmas and they let you pick a few toys for christmas. it's worth a try.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Try you local church.
    Anonymous