I think something maybe wrong with my daughter, does this seem abnormal to you?

My daughter is 9 months old, 6 1/2 months adjust. She's a twin, they were 10 weeks early...anyway

She has been sleeing through the night for months, until a week ago. She doesn't nap, she sleeps maybe 9 hours in a 24 hour period. Tonight I was holding her on my chest, she was on her belly and she kept throwing herself backwards and making a high pitch crying noise, but she was still asleep. Then she would slam herself back on my chest and never wake up.

I am going to call the doctor tomorrow, I just wanted to get other mommies opinions. Thanks...ask questions if you need more detail.

shanamarie

Asked by shanamarie at 10:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be night terrors. They can start pretty young. That's my first thought.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:49 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• lol MY DAUGHTER DOES THAT TOO! aw man i was so scared when it first happened, but most of the time it plays out like this. the entire day she wouldn't take a nap and when it comes time to lay down for the rest of the night she'd fall asleep (with a lot of fight) and once she's deep into sleep (noted by the heavy breathing and how heavy she feels once she'd asleep) it's like she's still trying to fight the sleep and throws her last blow, she'd throw her self up and cry a little and falls right back to sleep like nothing happened. my son does it too sometimes but he's 3 and it's on and off so i contribute it to night terrors like pp said. don't worry everything is ok
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 10:55 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I agree with them. It's normal. Babies realize that the world when they're awake is fascinating at that age and they're more mobile, etc. which makes their lives a heck of a lot more interesting for them. Who would want to nap if you were seeing the world for the first time? Who takes a nap when you're in Rome? Anyways, it's just over-tiredness. She doesn't want to sleep because she's too busy learning the world around her, and is still trying to fight it at the end of the day. I wouldn't worry too much, but it is worth mentioning at her next check-up. Maybe there's some better advice the doc can give you.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• has ur dd ever get a EEG yet and that where they test for any seizer with the brain waves.... or a ECG?
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 8:21 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I agree with khmymommi. My kids both have done that. I wouldn't worry to much, talk to the doctor it'll ease your mind.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• if shes recently hit a milestone that throws off sleeping habits too and it could be nightterrors too your bet is talkin to the doctor
    Redneckmomma19

Answer by Redneckmomma19 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 30, 2009