K i think i started losing my mucus plug, how can i tell? how long does it happen before labor?

I went to the bathroom wiped once and didnt feel quite clean so i wiped again with a different piece of TP. I checked out the second piece and there was a dime size thing of clear goop it was pretty solid but no blood at all. Is i part of my plug? I have heard of it coming out a lil at a time but for how long would that happen before labor/birth? I am only 37 weeks. should i be concerned?

bridget522

Asked by bridget522 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes it probably was your plug! sometimes the plug is all one piece (you'd usually see one end with blood and sometimes it is in clumps (you lose a little at a time). sometimes the cervix plugs right back up when you think you lost the whole thing! so I wouldnt be too concerned! it's normal! as for when you'll be in labor there's no telling! but it is a good sign that your body is preparing!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• You can lose your plug weeks before you go into labor.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I started to lose mine around that time too. But then the day before I went into active labor it REALLY came out and trust me you won't mistake it for anything else because it's huge and disgusting. Don't worry though and good luck!
    Anonymous

• Losing the plug is not an indication of labor starting soon, some women lose it early and it can regenerate while others never lose it before labor.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2009