How Tacky Is This....?

Let's play a game!

My son is almost 18 months old. He is going to go trick or treating with his sister (she is 3 and has INSISTED). He will be in costume and I will let him walk up to the door with her whenever I feel it is safe to do so.

But...obviously the majority of his candy is going to go to his sister, his father and I.

Duh duh duh duuuuhhhh! Comments please!

(And for the record, he WILL go, regardless. I don't have a babysitter, and daddy is working. I don't care what people think, I just want to see what it is :p )

CariadSpawn

Asked by CariadSpawn at 11:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i brought my daughter when she was younger than that.. no older sibling.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Answer by Ziggy-Stardust at 11:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I'm taking my DD and she is almost 16 months.
    Anonymous

• Not tacky. Lots of people do it.
    Anonymous

• I LOVE seeing all the little kids....I don't care who is eating the candy. I saw another mom post once that she bought special treats for the really little ones, so I'm going to get some of the Gerber treats for the babies.

Bring him out, have fun!
    obrn4u

Answer by obrn4u at 11:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• Not tacky. My oldest was 16 mos. old the 1st time he went out w/a group of kids who were the children of our friends, my 2nd son was 9 mos. old (his older brother was 2 and we went out with friends), my 3rd son was 2 1/2 mos. old (his brothers were 2 1/2 and 4) and my youngest was 10 1/2 mos. old (his older brothers were 6, 4 and 2). It was always a fun time.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• We always took our kids out, even when they were small. I don't see how it's unsafe to trick or treat, as a parent I am always right there and we usually TOT in a group and in neighborhoods we trust. I don't understand why all these moms keep saying its so unsafe. Where the heck are all of you TOTing? lol
    Anonymous

• NOT TACKY..... WHEN THE CHILD IS THE ONLY CHILD AND THAT CHILD IS ONLY A FEW MONTHS OLD THEN THATS JUST TACKY ,THE CHILD WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND OR EAT THE CANDY !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i took my son last year at 16 months old and will be taking him again this year. he cant even eat half the candy if he wanted to because he is allergic to peanuts, but i love halloween and i want him to experience trick-or-treat. so, no i dont think its tacky. and this year, i told my friend we will donate most of brody's candy to her daughter because she has the swine flu and cant go.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:20 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• yea my kids went every Halloween since they were born. i think the younger u are the more candy u get lol :)
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 30, 2009