Does anyone know of any recipes for Holiday candy?

I know it's still kinda a ways away but, I would like to make a bunch of different kinds of holliday sweets(candy, fudge,truffles,etc.) to give out to my co-workers, friends and family for Christmas. I am looking for recipes that are fast, easy and cheap to make for any type of Holliday sweets.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Holidays

• One of my favorite things to make to give away at Christmas is chocolate covered pretzels. You just melt chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, whatever flavor bark you like, coat the pretzels, and then sprinkle with holiday colored sprinkles. They turn out really cute, and people like them.

I've also made spiced tea (like what you'd get from a tea room) and given that as gifts. Mix it, give it in powder form with a directions card, and tie with a holiday ribbon. Sometimes I like to add cinnamon candies instead of cinnamon.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Check out the Homemade Candy Making group.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I love the 7 layer bars ( i think it has 7 layers lol) butterscotch. choc, coconut, graham cracker crust, drizzle with sweetened condensed milk..dont know the recipe, but this is my fave at Christmas time!!

Also consider Glass candy..I think cinnamon is the best..sprinkle with powdered sugar. Very good and old fashioned!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Buckeyes are always great, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and dipped in chocolate. Might be time consuming, but a good old solid recipe that most ppl love.
    Ever try Velveeta fudge? I know, I know, I know, sounds flipping nasty, but it is the smoothest, creamiest, and easiest fudge I've ever made. I like it with almond extract and almonds instead of vanilla and pecans/walnuts.
    Definitely the chocolate dipped pretzels with Christmas sprinkles.
    HMMM, all my suggestions have chocolate....
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Speedy Fudge in the Oven
    1/2 cup milk
    1 cup butter (no substitutes)
    2/3 cup baking cocoa 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 cup chopped nuts

DIRECTIONS:

1. Place the first four ingredients in the order listed in a 3-qt. baking dish (do not stir). Place in a 350 degrees F oven for 15 minutes or until butter is melted. Carefully transfer to a mixing bowl. Add vanilla; beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in nuts. Pour into a buttered 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Cool before cutting.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2009