Do you dress up while handing out candy on Halloween?

I don't want to dress up while taking my kids trick-or-treating, but we'll be home early since I have little guys and I'm going to be handing out candy afterwards. I was thinking about just wearing a black long sleeve shirt and maybe getting some cat's ears and putting some cat features on my face with an eyeliner pencil or something, just to make it fun for the kids coming to our door. My husband thinks I'm silly though and I should leave the dressing up to the kids. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dressed up as a mummy and my daughter as a jester. She is only 15 months, so I didn't take her trick or treating, we just answered the door. I thought it was pretty sad though, that we were dressed up and some of the kids that came to the door weren't dressed up at all.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I always dress up. I do not believe in that dressing up is only for the kids! I go all out with my costumes! It is a lot of fun!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:21 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• No, but I'm not handing out candy any more. I hate it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:22 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• I'm dressing up as a witch, at least with the hat and cape anyway. It's the only day of the year when it's considered "normal" so why not? It's all in good fun!
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 11:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• OP - My husband is just a bore, I guess. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes dressing up for Halloween. Maybe I'll go ahead and do it and just let him think I'm silly.
    Anonymous

• You HAVE to dress up to answer the door. It's just not cool not to.
    Anonymous