relationship question but it's about my son's grandmother

im not wit my son's fathr and im married now wit my hubby nd we hav a daughtr. my hubby lovs my son since he was 1year old nd always treats him lik he's his own son evn wen we weren't married. my son's grandma seems to hav this vendetta against stepparents because she always finds an excuse to rag on my hubby wen he hasn't evn done anythng, makin it seem lik we been neglecting my son nd jus focusing on our daughter. once she commented on a photo of him playing outside in some high water jeans and a white t shirt and asked why he is dressed like a homeless child when we just didn't want him out playing in good clothes. i don't want my son to not know the other side of his fam, evn though i don't have a good relationship with his father i stil want him to know him to but wen she acts lik tht i feel like we as a fam shouldnt be dealing wit this, wat do i do, i do everythng to try nd keep thngs neutral but i can't tak much more.

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 11:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• sometimes bio extended family isn't a good option. it doesn't seem like it would be healthy for your son. she has no legal right to him, so delete her from your facebook or whatever and move on. she's just mad that you have him and she doesn't see him much b/c i'm guessing, your sons dad is kind of a pos.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• i guess it depends on what a pos is lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:37 PM on Oct. 29, 2009

• peice of shit = pos?

Did you say "the reason he's in those short pants is because they don't fit well so we use those to "ruin". me personally tho... I'd have rolled them up so that it did look a little better but that's just me.
    I'd explain to her that this is your child, you love both of them and you feel that you treat both of them the same, as does your hubby. My guess is, she's just upset thinking that this child might love your hubby more than the bio dad, and maybe her. I'd just reassure her that he knows who his blood family is, and he knows who all loves him, including grandma.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:54 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• if all she is --- is a negative influcence.... yeah cut her out of the picture... no one needs that in their life!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2009