creation, evolution, or somewhere in between?

CERN has that particle generator up and running again, in search of god or higgs particles. Really interesting stuff, which begs all kinds of interesting questions.
How do you think we got here?
Do you think we are messing with things that are better left alone?
Are there dangers in creating something from nothing? Follow the link, and If you would check out some of the links surrounding the article.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:09 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Personally I am a firm believer in Creator Assisted Evolution. I don't think it was an accident, but I don't think it's finished either! And do I think it's ever something we will master? NO. Try as we might we are only Gods in our own minds!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,570326,00.html?test=latestnews
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:10 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• It is only by research, invention and breaking old religous taboos and conventions that we have the standard of living that we have today. I have insufficient knowledge of physics to comment on the potential value of CERN but I applaud those who break the boundaries of conventional wisdom, like Crick and Watson and others, in unravelling DNA. The misuse of science and knowledge can generally be laid at the doors of politcians , not the scientists themselves.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I think with all the "fails" they have encountered they would conclude it is not worth continuing. But no matter let them continue on I doubt they will discover a Higgs boson above 186 GeV which is what they need to prove anything.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I like the story of when scientists figured out the mechanics of a nuclear blast. Before they actually tried it the first time, it was speculated that there could be a number of 'unwanted side effects' including igniting the planet's atmosphere (instantly killing the whole planet) or potentially creating a sustained nuclear reaction that engulfed the planet (making a handy second star for the rest of the solar system). They figured, their best answer in fact was, 'probably not.' Besides the 'bad guys' were probably nearly at the same point in their research so, in the ultimate of human logic, knew that 'if we don't, they certainly will'... besides, if everyone is killed, we won't have to apologize to anyone or explain why we did it, so that's okay (I think even physicists get a little punchy around the 800th day into a project).

I don't think there is anything we 'shouldn't know. Mistakes teach a lot.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I think I am in the middle.I listen and consider all the information, and I have to say I think I agree with the Creator assisted evolution. I am just tired of being labled as a bad person if you even consider the question. I think that knowledge is also a form of evolution. If we weren't supposed to ask those questions, we wouldnt have been given the ability to to so! I was fortunate enough to be involved in the opening of the creation museum in NKY, and must say they offer a strong argument as well., that dinosaurs romed the earth with Adam and Eve. As an artist, I was just there to paint what the gave me, but I must say it was beautiful and opened my eyes to another possibility!
    mzbarker2

Answer by mzbarker2 at 6:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Creator Assisted Evolution

I agree with this.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Creation
    Leave it alone because anything they find will only confuse people more.
    It is beyond our understand but we are all too arrogant to accept that.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i agree with sabrina, too.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:21 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I have always believed in Creator Assisted Evolution.

I do not believe you can get something from nothing with help. I believe the Lord created everything and his his wisdom has "tweaked" his creations. The Bible teaches that we were made in his image. We are always "tweaking" our creations, it makes sense the Lord would do the same.

BTW, there is NO evidence against creation. There is a LOT of evidence to support events of the Bible. There is a LOT of evidence to support evolution. Hand in hand they go.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2009