Sex after baby - did you wait?

Honestly did you wait the whole 6 weeks? If not, were there any health issues after the sex? Just wondering - I am 3 weeks PP but physically feeling fine and would like to resume my physical intimacy - would love to hear experiences and any health concerns involved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Health

• I didn't wait the full 6 weeks. Actually, after about 2-4 weeks you are fine. Once you stop bleeding that means the open sore where the placenta was is scarring over and your cervix is closed. However, doctors don't want to see you until 6 weeks because that is when your uterus is back down to pre-pregnancy size.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:53 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My husband and I waited two weeks and hen tried but I just bled so we waited another month and then we were ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I waited a week but I didn't have him vaginally.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• The reason we say wait is not for the physical discomfort. Your cervix is still open and that puts you are risk for uterine infection. Yes, ppl will tell you they didn't wait and there was no problem, that was lucky for them, best to follow doctors orders.

Maybe take this time to try new things ; )
    obrn4u

Answer by obrn4u at 12:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i waited 5 weeks and 4 days. and we were rrrrreeeeaaaallllllllyyyyy slow. it was still uncomfortable for me. so after that first time we waited another 2 weeks. in the mean time, we spent cuddling, and just being sensual. made me realize why i love him so much <3
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Another reason you need to wait is the reason for the standard taboos against sex with post-partum mothers all over the world:

Your hormones are all over the map and you can ovulate multiple times in the first 6-8 weeks after birth, putting you at risk of a very quick second pregnancy when your body is not yet recovered from the last one --feeling fine or not.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:04 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I only had one stitch; we waited about 4.5 weeks. It was a little uncomfortable at first, but I had no issues afterwards.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 AM on Oct. 30, 2009