Eighteen and pregnant. Help, please?

I'm terrified of what's happening to my body. I know that this is going to be a big responsibility, and I'm not sure if I can do it. I've heard most women are scared through their pregnancies. Can anyone tell me how they coped?

HippieontheMoon

Asked by HippieontheMoon at 2:50 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i was 17 when i found out...now 18
    basically my first 3 months were scariest because I was terrified of miscarriage and i had awful symptoms
    but I got thru it with my SO's support, talking to other women about being scared because I soon found out I wasnt alone, and when i was like 4 months along i found out about cafemom and a lot of the moms helped me cope with everything basically.

I was also in this denial stage until i started to feel the baby kick and I would go walk around baby stores and try to imagine myself with a little baby and it got to be more and more real.

Is the father with you? that can be great support

also sometimes jut crying it out and letting it all go thru your tears helps too..i did that a few times and stopped sometime around the time i found out the sex...now im freakin excited
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I just told myself that women have done it for thousands of years and I could do it too! That's also what I told my self through 30 hours of unmediated labor :) I'm a competitive type of person and I told myself I am just as strong as they were!

The labor part might seam scary now... but if you're anything like I was, I was SOOO sick of being fat and pregnant that I couldn't wait for labor! I called my due date her "eviction date" lol (and my pregnancy went really smooth other than 60lb weight gain, but no complications, not even morning sickness (I think that's why I gained so much lol, well that and eating like there was no tomorrow)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• opps.. unmedicated! Not unmediated lol.
    Blueliner

• i was 17 when i fell pg with my daughter and when i gave birth. i was never nerves or anything cuz i new what i wanted, my labor was 4hrs my best advice is i guess to make everything into a positive. when ur holing ur baby in ur arms all your nerves and unsure thoughts will leave and it will b ok. just stay strong! pl congrates!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• The 1st 3 months are the scariest/worst symptom wise. having a pregnant buddy helps a lot. I'm still scared of bloodwork and the labor. but once that baby moves inside you, everything changes, I really didn't enjoy being pregnant at first. Now, if I was financially stable, I'd have as many babies as I could...2 or 3 years apart of course.

I was also into partying and all about me and fun I was never a drinker but lived for the party kinda thing, and being pregnant changes your mind-set. I'm in momy mode...and want nothing but the best for my little one. A blessing in disguise.
    ChelseaG23

Answer by ChelseaG23 at 4:43 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Just know that you are going to be caring for someone. Their whole existance is going to be in your hands, which i know sounds more scarey than me helping, but it is the MOST rewarding job there is. It is a lot of hard work, but the best hard work i could EVER ask for. you will find when you have your baby that all your worrying was for nothing...cuz the worrying begins when you have the baby to make sure they are never hurting in anyway. You are young, but you will LOVE it. I promise! Dont worry now, you dont need the stress. It really is the best thing i have ever done in my life. I always say you dont know love until you meet your child for the first time. I love my hubby to death, but nothing like i love my daughter! She is the best thing that ever happend to me! You will be fine just sit back and enjoy the pregnancy ride! LOL Good luck and congrats on the baby!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:38 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I was 18 when I got pregnant with my 1st and I was scared to death. I didn't tell my mom til I was 15 weeks (I done what I needed to do as far as Dr's appts and stuff myself tho) and I didn't tell her bc as soon as she found out she would be so excited and then my grandma would find out and my grandma would murder me lol So the first three months I was scared to death and had no idea how I was going to handle everything. It was great after I told my mom tho bc she helped me and explaned things I didnt know. I never once was scared to the point where I thought I couldn't do it bc I knew that Im the one got pregnant so I had to take responsibility. It is alot easier than what you think. My daughter is 4 now and I wouldnt be who I am without her here. It's only scary bc it's new to you and your not sure what to expect or what the future holds, but I promise it will all be worth it :)
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• i was never scared, i guess cuz i always wnated to be a mom and i saw my pregancies as something cool. yeah my body went to riuins but io dont care seeing my childrens face everyday and heariong my daughter say ilove you mommy. is worth every stretch mark i have. plus dh still thinks am hot so as long as he still wnats to do me am good. by the way am 22 and have 2 kids
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:33 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I had my oldest daughter at 18, she is now 17. I had my mom and thank god I did.I was young but after a while all I really wanted to do was be the best mom I could be.You'll go threw ups and downs just remember to breath and take it one thing at a time.It's not about perfection. This is a life you get to share in.You can grow together and ask for help when you need it.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 2:06 PM on Oct. 30, 2009