Size question..

I am shopping for my daughter online, and I keep seeing the size 4-6x. What size is that? I mean, what weight/height would that fit? My daughter is 21 months and is very tall. She has to wear a 3T or 4T. I appreciate your help ladies. :)

MamaSince08

Asked by MamaSince08 at 3:17 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Shopping

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • They are the same as a 4T or 5T would be. 6X is about a quarter inch longer then regular 6's and gives a little more in the waist.
    I only mention this because I think it would have been really useful information for when my kids were that age and growing out of things so quick. Have you shopped at Sears? They have really good sales all the time and also have a "kid-tastic" program that is free and if your child out wears their clothes(including stains) before they out grow them, or out grow them before the out wear them you can bring them back to Sears and replace them for free, no questions asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• 4-6x is going to be much to large for your 21 month old. When my daughter (who is extremely tall) was 3 1/2, I bought her a costume in 4-6x and it was a bit large and very long, but usable. She has used the costume for the last 3 years. Now she is 6 1/2 and this is her last year wearing it for sure. If you are talking about regular clothes....I could see a 21 month old wearing 3T. Size 4 when she is between 3 and 4. The difference between 4T and 4 is that a "T"(toddler) size has a little more space in the rear for children wearing diapers and I find the "T" sizes are shorter in length. Sizes 4 through 6x are meant for children 4 to 6 or 7 years old. I hope this helps you out a little bit.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My girls wore 6x between five and six years old. It's the largest size you can get before going into Big Girls, so I'd think your toddler would swim in that size.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Nov. 1, 2009