I need manager advice asap

ok I am a mgr. for the one and only Mcd's. I love my job , honestly. but I have not been properly trained. now the only problem is, is that I am tooooo nice. people leave with out checking with me before they finish their stuff. I am stuck their for hrs after we close finishing it up. long story short I really need help being in control and having a backbone. please help, is there anything I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• Does McD's have a program for employee evaulations and discipline? Stick straight with the company handbook so no one thinks you're picking on them.

And if you have people's cell phones, you call them.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:34 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• It's not too late to lay out the rules. Call an "All Hands" meeting at the beginning or end of your next shift (whenever most convenient to your customers) and lay out the rules. Make sure to be prepared and bring up everything that is happening that is not okay. And, as the person above me said.. throw the handbook at them. You can even go as far as to make copies of the pages that you are highlighting in your meeting. Don't feel bad for enforcing the rules. People WILL take advantage if you are overly nice. Also, as hard as it is to do, you cannot be buddies with the people that work for you. It's good to be friendly, but when you act as a buddy and not as a supervisor, employees will be more apt to push you around and not take you seriously. When you have your meeting throw a few positives in the mix. Compliment the employees in front of the group that do follow the rules. It won't make you so much of a bad guy.
    Carrielou13

Answer by Carrielou13 at 4:28 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I would start enforcing some sort of a warning and then a write up. So when you go in tomorrow, you tell "Sally" that before she goes you want to check her section (or what ever you call it). If she doesn't come to you, the next time you see her, take her somewhere private (very important) and warn her that the next time she doesn't follow the rules aka her job description, you will write her up. If she DOES come to you then check her work and don't be afraid to tell her what needs to be done (if she missed anything). Don't talk down, treat them how you want to be treated. Do this with each employee and things will start to straighten up. Don't completely change your attitude all at once or they will rebel. Make it a slow change.....I wouldn't recommend having a "talk" with them because they may be even less respectfull because they KNOW you don't know what you are doing. PM if you ever want to chat.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• Start by firing some of the feel loaders, get the hand book & start setting rules.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 5:49 AM on Oct. 30, 2009