Anyone with side effects after having the H1N1 Vaccine

The reason I am asking is because my son was given the shot, but has been complaining of headaches and on tuesday he was in the nurses office complaining of chest pain. He is my one child that hardly complains of pain and I'm worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Health

• There are plenty of people having side affects from the shot. It's a risk you take. Sorry your son is suffering from it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:30 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• common side effects include
    * Headache
    * Malaise (feeling out-of-sorts)
    * Muscle pain
    * Chills
    * Nausea
    * Fever
    * Vomiting

Read more: http://diseases-viruses.suite101.com/article.cfm/swine_flu_vaccine_side_effects#ixzz0VPWdx93t

Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 5:42 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• My friend had muscle aches in her arm , she had to call off for 2 days.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 5:46 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I now know 4 people that had the vaccine(well the kids did) and within a week they all had confirmed cases of the H1N1 flu. I can't say it's related since the vaccine takes up to 2 weeks to work but I do find it odd since none of these kids were sick before.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• People get sick after the vaccine because they already had the virus incubating in their bodies.

My three kids got the vaccine as did 5 kids of different friends and we've had no reactions. Muscle pain in the arm is common because someone just jabbed a metal shard through your skin into your muscle.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 8:01 AM on Oct. 30, 2009