Breast lump

I had to have a mammogram(then an ultrasound) back onthe 21st. The radiologist said it looked like a cyst and we'd monitor it every year or so. Well then I get a letter saying that I needed to follow up in 3-6 months because the "finding require further follow up" I called my Dr. and the nurse said that I have a 1.1cm solid mass and that my Dr. will want a biopsy, he treats things like this aggressively. So now I'm worried. Just wanted to know if any of you have been through this? What was your outcome?

how_reb

Asked by how_reb at 6:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2009 in Health

• My story is not totally comforting- my mother ended up diagnosed with breast cancer when she was 33--- the lump was under a cyst. She did survive- but it was not fun. Please please follow through with getting this taken care of. Terrifying though it is, you're better off knowing, especially when the lump is small and likely treatable.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:48 AM on Oct. 30, 2009

• I've had three breast lumps and they all turned out to be benign tumors. I had my first lump and biopsy at age 19. Technology has progressed since then and with my other two, the doctors could tell by the ultrasound that my lumps were tumors, but non cancerous.

Most biopsies turn out to be nothing to worry about. Don't worry or stress until you know you have something to worry about.

Good luck.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:21 AM on Oct. 30, 2009